Land Based Learning
Thank you for your interest in the Level 3 Certificate in Practical Horticulture
The online learning materials used to deliver this course have been funded by the Department of Education’s Flexible Learning Fund, which has the following delivery objectives:
- Deliver on a more flexible or convenient timetable
- Make online learning work for adults
- Deliver outside the classroom
- Use delivery methods that allow for caring responsibilities and returning to the labour market
The Level 3 Certificate in Practical Horticulture focuses on developing essential horticultural skills. These not only offer opportunities for employment but provide the foundation for further skills development. This practical-based qualification is designed to provide the horticultural skills needed for career development to supervisory or management roles, or to further develop your interest.
Whilst there are no formal prerequisites for entry to the qualification, it is recommended that students who undertake this qualification have obtained the RHS Level 2 Certificate in Practical Horticulture or have equivalent experience before they commence the course.
The qualification is designed to be studied flexibly online and on a part-time basis. No particular learning pattern is specified for the online learning, and providers offering the course are free to define their own teaching structure and teaching hours for the centre-based content. It is anticipated that the course should be completed in 3 to 4 months.
- Collecting and testing soil samples and specifying adjustments for horticulture
- Collecting, preparing and propagating from seed
- Establishing and maintaining a range of plant types and forms
- Identification of a range of common garden plants, weeds, pests, diseases and disorders
You must choose one of the following:
- Planning, collecting, preparing and establishing propagation material
- Management of green spaces, landscaped areas and ornamental gardens
Each unit will be assessed by means of a range of practical activities timetabled and assessed within an approved centre. They will cover all learning outcomes specified in the units. Your selected approved centre will provide further details.
The price for the course, which is dependent on individual circumstances will be provided by your selected college provider.
We’re here to help cultivate your passion for horticulture. If you have any questions relating to the qualification, please get in touch with Megan Edmond by email: email@example.com
If your enquiry is urgent please, contact Megan Edmond on 01604 893829
For general enquiries relating to the qualification please contact Landex on 01604 892650
The development of the learning materials for this course have been funded by the Department of Education. Landex Land Based Colleges Aspiring to Excellence has managed the development of the materials, supported by the National Land Based College and the Royal Horticulture Society.
* Please note that delivery of the course is subject to final validation and approval by the Royal Horticultural Society.
In order to register your interest, we would be grateful if you could provide your contact details and select your preferred delivery partners using the Register interest link below.